As 2015 draws to a close we’re reminiscing on what has been a successful and fulfilling year for Platypus. We hope you’ve had a great year too and that you’re looking forward to the year ahead. Here’s a round-up of what’s been happening in the kids, youth and family market and in true Christmas spirit we’re also giving you the chance to brush up on what you know about this audience for free!
We’re loving being at the forefront of what is known about this market, challenging assumptions and helping organisations gain a deeper understanding of the kids, youth and family audience. We’re really pleased to continue to be working with people that are as passionate about kids and families as we are in order to bring about the success of some fantastic products, conferences, programmes and apps.
As Christmas is all about giving and Platypus has a lot to give, here’s our gift to you! Some fabulously free info on kids, young people and families that Platypus thinks you really need to know if you’re targeting this market. Simply click on the links below to view FREE articles and presentations from Platypus.
Here are some of the highlights from this year:
- Reviewing and guiding the global strategy for kid’s ice cream for this brand giant with launch workshop.
- Contributing to the design and launch of the Week Junior with Dennis Publishing
- Researching and launching the ‘Truth about youth’ research on teen media lives with Thinkbox at BAFTA
- Informing the product and pack design for a new Disney ready meals range
- Presenting our paper on ‘Challenging cool, talking real’ at the MRS kids and youth conference in January
- Exploring the change in kid’s media with our ‘Scooby Doo, where are you?’ research paper at the Children’s Media Conference in July
- Our truly successful 10th birthday conference bringing together brands across the UK like Crayola, Eureka, ASDA and RFL to hear about ‘real kids’, ‘trend insights’, ‘designing products for kids that mum will buy’ and ‘understanding families'
- Building our partnership with academics and psychologists like Dr Adam Galpin, Senior Lecturer at Salford University and work placement opportunities with Masters students in Media Psychology.
Finally, Platypus would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and we’re looking forward to working with you next year.
All the best, Jo and the rest of the Platypus Team